Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] XQuery Updates in XSLT
From: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:48:12 +0100

David Carlisle wrote:
"since xquery update is defined, like xslt, to work on an XDM instance
derived by parsing an XML file and the XDM model doesn't record any of
those features, the same comments apply equally to Xquery."

---

I have learned something new also today. I just tried to use XQuery
Update on an XHTML document, and yes sadly enough, old xml declaration
is being replaced with the standard xml declaration and the DOCTYPE is
lost.

This is sad news.

Still I think it would be nice to make Saxon's extension function,
saxon:query(), work also for XQuery Update.

Cheers,
Jesper