Re: [xsl] FO table-body empty validation error

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO table-body empty validation error
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:10:00 -0400

At 2008-07-22 10:08 -0700, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
So the arrangment is legal.

Sorry ... I didn't say that. I see from the spec that table-body cannot be empty:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/#fo_table-body

You must choose between the row-based row-grouping strategy or the cell-based row-grouping strategy for each <table-body> used in your <table>.

That is all I need to know.  I am
outputing a fo file with every transformation.

Then you'll be able to open the FO file and see that the body is, indeed, empty as reported by the error message. It cannot be empty to be legal and the processor is correct to complain.

I hope this helps.

-- Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses: Wellington, NZ 2009-01 World-wide corporate, govt. & user group XML, XSL and UBL training RSS feeds: publicly-available developer resources and training G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal