Re: [xsl] Fetch xml from URL in XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Fetch xml from URL in XSL
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:10:55 +0200

sudheshna iyer wrote:
Thank you for the reply.

How should I include this in XSL file? Should there be a java script function? Does any body have method that I can add to xsl file to fetch the feed?

Don't worry about it, you can just use document() without any extra declaration or whatever. It is required for a conforming processor to support it.

The only known exceptions are: Opera (I believe it got fixed in recent versions but I'm not sure) and Microsoft.Net and MSXML 5.0 and 6.0, in which you must explicitly enable the support for it through scripting before it is allowed to use the document() function.

Cheers,
-- Abel --