Re: [xsl] Validation XSLT using XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Validation XSLT using XSLT 1.0
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 12:35:37 +0100

> hmmm, a mapping created in 2007 for entities defined in 2003?

don't get me started on my thoughts about w3c's policy of putting dates
in URIs. It's essentially the same as XSLT2 having 1999 in its namespace
URI, or MathML 3 having 1998.

It would be rather less confusing if the dates were not in the URI, so
peolpe didn't have an expectation that they change but....

At least for namespace URI they have _finally_ (10 years too late)
agreed to non-dated uri of the form http://ww.w3.org/ns/...
eg http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/
but of course that's too late for all existing specs.

David