Re: [xsl] What's wrong with my code Version 1.0 (Altova XMLSPY)

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's wrong with my code Version 1.0 (Altova XMLSPY)
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:27:11 +0200 (CEST)

Pankaj Chaturvedi wrote:

  Hi

> 	<xsl:template match="/">
> [...]
> 		<xsl:apply-templates select="NewsEnvelop//Party"/>
> 		<xsl:apply-templates select="NewsItem"/>

  In your sample input, the document node doesn't have any child
element named NewsEnvelop nor NewsItem.  I guess you are after the
following instead:

    <xsl:template match="/">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="NewsML/NewsEnvelop//Party"/>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="NewsML/NewsItem"/>

or:

     <xsl:template match="/NewsML">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="NewsEnvelop//Party|NewsItem"/>

  They are slightly different, that depends on your inputs, but it
seems in your case they mean the same thing (extrapolated from your
sample input).

  Regards,

--drkm