[xsl] fo:instream-foreign-object - fo:table height overflow

Subject: [xsl] fo:instream-foreign-object - fo:table height overflow
From: "Peter Rushforth" <peter.rushforth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:57:05 -0400

Hi,

I'm puzzled by some behaviour of the fo  processor I'm using, and I'm
wondering if it is a problem with
the fo: markup I'm using or an idiosyncracy of fop.  I tried another
processor but I get different although
still not perfect results.  No matter what I do to the markup, I can't
seem to change the problem described
below this code:

              <fo:table-row height="9.0in">
                         <fo:table-cell
                                   background-color="rgb(190,190,190)"
                                 number-columns-spanned="3"
                                 display-align="center"
                                 text-align="center">
                     <fo:block>
                        <fo:instream-foreign-object width="11.5in" height="9in">
                                  <svg:svg
xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="11.5in" height="9in"
                                    viewBox="0 -648 828 648">
                              <svg:g transform="matrix(1 0 0 -1 0 0)">
                                 <svg:g transform="scale(1,-1)
translate(0,-648)">
                                    <svg:image width="828" height="648"

I am assuming the resolution of the processor is 72 dpi, so I'm
scaling my graphics into that space.

Now the fop processor tells me this when I run it, among other things:

WARNING: Warning(19/-1): fo:table, table-layout="auto" is currently
not supported by FOP
May 23, 2008 4:48:49 PM org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfo notifyFontReplacement
WARNING: Font 'Helvetica,normal,600' not found. Substituting with
'Helvetica,normal,700'.
May 23, 2008 4:48:49 PM
org.apache.fop.layoutmgr.table.TableContentLayoutManager
createElementsForRowGroup
WARNING: The contents of row 2 are taller than they should be (there
is a block-progression-dimension or height constraint on the indicated
row). Due to its contents the row grows to 651856 millipoints, but the
row shouldn't get any taller than MinOptMax[min=opt=max=648000]
millipoints. (fo:table-row, location: 42/-1)
Process ended with exit code: 0

The issue is the table cell containing the graphic ends up being 9.5
inches high with .25 inches of empty space
above and below it. Width wise, it seems just right.

Can anyone spot the problem or provide advice how to deduce what the
problem is?  I'm stumped at this point.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Peter