Re: [xsl] removes (or converts) line breaks in text of child nodes.

Subject: Re: [xsl] <xsl:copy-of select="." /> removes (or converts) line breaks in text of child nodes.
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 17:11:27 +0100

> My problem is that my new xml-files produced by XSL removes the line breaks
> from the text in my <field name="content">....</field> nodes when I use a
> <xsl:copy-of select="." />.

the information that you have ^M^J (MSDOS) linebreaks is gone before
XSLT even starts, the XML XML spec mandates that an XML parser
normalises any of ^M, ^M^J and ^J to a  ^J (#10) character.

Similar;y when serialising, a system can outbreak line ends in any of
these forms, although it seems most just use ^J always.

If your later application needs dos line ends it may be simplest just to
run something like unix2dos over the generated file.

David