Fwd: [xsl] instance-of schema-element

Subject: Fwd: [xsl] instance-of schema-element
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 22:04:07 +0530

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If I've got a variable $foo which contains the element <foo/>, if I do:
>
> <xsl:if test="$foo instance of schema-element(foo)">
>
> ...does that mean $foo is validated at that point?

I think ...

Schema type annotation will be attached to the element node, <foo/>
only if the document is validated before XSLT processes it (for e.g.,
with -val:strict Saxon option).

After the XSLT process is invoked with -val:strict option, then the
test, <xsl:if test="$foo instance of schema-element(foo)"> would check
if the type attached to the node (denoted by $foo)  is same as Schema
type 'foo'. The Schema needs to be imported into the stylesheet with
xsl:import-schema instruction for schema-element(foo) to work.

Mukul Gandhi