Re: [xsl] instance-of schema-element

Subject: Re: [xsl] instance-of schema-element
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:31:28 +0100 (CET)

Andrew Welch wrote:

> <xsl:variable name="foo" as="document-node(schema-element(foo))">
>   <xsl:document validation="strict">
>     <foo/>
>   </xsl:document>
> </xsl:variable>

> ...that won't cause the transform to fail, but allow me to test
> whether $foo is valid.

  Ok, I see.  Interesting question.  I think this is not possible, but
I can't tell for sure.  What could be interesting to have is something
like:

    <xsl:variable name="foo" as="document-node(schema-element(foo))?">
       <ex:error-safe>
          <ex:try>
             <xsl:document validation="strict">
                <foo/>
             </xsl:document>
          </ex:try>
          <ex:catch error="err:XTTE1510"/>
       </ex:error-safe>
    </xsl:variable>

  I should check if this work, but I'm not on the computer I have a
Saxon license for right now.

  Anyway I am curious to find in the REC the answer to your question...

  Regards,

--drkm

Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. La boite email la plus appreciie au monde. http://mail.yahoo.fr