RE: [xsl] Complex recursion in XSLT 1.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] Complex recursion in XSLT 1.0
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:06:12 -0000

If you're going to resort to escaping to Java and using mutable objects that
way, then you can probably use a completely different algorithm. But that's
cheating...

In any case, using XSLT 2.0 sequences to maintain a stack is really dead
easy. (In this case I don't think it even needs to be a stack, strictly
speaking - it can just be a queue of elements awaiting processing, and you
can probably take them off the queue in any order.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/