Re: [xsl] Sorting out rowspans

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting out rowspans
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:03:17 +0000

On 11/02/2008, Spencer Tickner <spencertickner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Thanks in advance for any help. I'm having a hard time figuring a
> little bit of XSLT,, Monday maybe. I'm reprocessing some XML from an
> Indesign file and trying to figure out how to re-group rowspans.
>
> What I have.

> Which should be processed to create:

> Any thoughts on a nice way of doing this.. I'm using XSLT 2.0.

I think you'll need a clearer definition of the problem, and even then
it's reasonable task to sort that out.

You could try normalizing the table:

http://andrewjwelch.com/code/xslt/table/table-normalization.html

...then use the normalized table to determine which cells need to be
moved, but it's definitely not a trivial task.

cheers
--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com