[xsl] Using symbols for footnotes

Subject: [xsl] Using symbols for footnotes
From: "Cindy Hunt" <Cindy.Hunt@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:28:08 -0500

Hi-

I have a requirement to use symbols (*, **, ***, dagger, double-dagger)
to represent footnotes. I know <xsl:number> does not support this
format. Has anyone had a successful method for getting this done? I am
using Saxon for my XSL transform.

I am using Antenna House for my FO formatting and another requirement I
have is to restart numbering on each page - they have an extension that
does this well. I am not sure that something I come up with for the
footnote symbols will mesh well with these extensions. So if you are
doing this with using Antenna House extensions, I am particularly
interested.

Thanks for any advice,
Cindy Hunt
SAS