Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:25:59 GMT

> Can you give brief examples of what you suggest below.
well it's ard as I don't know what transforation you are trying to do.
The list posting guidelines to state with good reason that it's  a good
idea to post explict example.

earlier yu posted 2 input files and some example code, but you didn't
say what transform you were trying to do or what result you expected.

> it was my expectation that
> fn:doc would transform the file in the current scope.

doc() doesn't by itself transform anything, it selects a single document
node, the root of the specified file.

<xsl:apply-templates select=...
 will apply  templates to whatever nodes are selected which may include
 nodes from multiple files, using doc() or document() or collection().

Keys are global objects and are always in scope but each use of key()
only looks u matchig nodes in a songle document, so if you have two
documents
$doc1 and $doc2 and the current node is in $doc2, but you need to look
up nodes in $doc1 then you need to use the 3rd argument to key,
key('keyname','keystring',$doc2)
Andrew gave examples of this earlier in the thread.

David