Re: [xsl] Supressing entity expansion during XSLT transform

Subject: Re: [xsl] Supressing entity expansion during XSLT transform
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:29:53 +0530

On Jan 11, 2008 4:23 PM, Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Didn't Jesper tackle this in his Improved Identity Transformation efforts?

My goal is not to have an identity transform as such. I can have any
transform, and wish to be able to suppress entity expansion, along
with serialization of internal DTD subset (which has entity
definitions) to the output.

Since internal DTD subset is part of XML infoset, can we consider
serializing internal DTD subset as future enhancement to XSLT? i.e.
having EntityReference and internal DTD subsets as first class nodes
in XPath data model?

After quick analysis of DOM 3 APIs, I found that generating internal
DTD subset is not supported in standard DOM API. Though Xerces
provides extensions for this (which I'll investigate further).

But I am presently interested in an XSLT solution.

Mukul Gandhi