Re: [xsl] Help with elements nested at different levels

Subject: Re: [xsl] Help with elements nested at different levels
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:25:32 +0100

Vincenzo Menanno wrote:

Ken already emailed me a suggestion where I could just use //Script to get all the script elements... but the problem with that is the CustomMenuCatalog might also have MenuItems with Script elements.

Originally I had this to get me all the script elements...

/FMPReport/File[1]/ScriptCatalog[1]/Script

But that now only gets me to the first Script if it is not within a group.

This however picks up all the entries inside the CustomMenuCatalog

//Script

Any suggestions on how I can get the complete list of all the Script entries even if they are nested 1, 2, 3, ...n levels?

Thanks

Hi Vincenzo,

To find all Script elements having a certain parent in common, you can use:

//parentnodename/Script

i.e.:

//ScriptCatalog/Script

or:

//group/Script

This will rule out any other possibilities. If you want all Script elements that do not have a parent of "CustomMenuCatalog" (assuming it will be at the first level above) you can do this, too:

//*[not(self::CustomMenuCatalog)]/Script

which will give you all Script elements that do not have CustomMenuCatalog as a direct parent.

HTH,

Cheers & Happy New Year,
-- Abel Braaksma