RE: [xsl] Predicate Evaluation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Predicate Evaluation
From: "Scott Trenda" <Scott.Trenda@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:14:39 -0600

Looking at your input... have you considered using a key? Like so:

<xsl:key name="ns2:Element2" match="ns2:Element2" use="."/>

<!-- the result of the key() will be a node-set containing the
ns2:Element2 elements -->
<xsl:for-each select="key('ns2:Element2',
$param1/ns1:Element1/ns1:Element2)">
  <ns3:Element2>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </ns3:Element2>
</xsl:for-each>

When you feed in a node-set to the second parameter of key(), it returns
a node-set that is equivalent to the result of calling key() on each
node in that node-set. Which would be the same as what you're doing here
- creating a ns3 copy of every node with an equal value between
ns1:Element2 and ns2:Element2.

~ Scott