Re: [xsl] XML/XSLT for web templating

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML/XSLT for web templating
From: Kamal Bhatt <kbhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:11:09 +1000

Steve wrote:
Uselessly personal, anecdotal tangent:

XSL has forced me, more than any other language, to behave as a
programmer. I would (and could) have lived my life without ever having
to write a Recursive function. Having done so, I've never programmed
anything the same since.

I don't know if it made me program better elsewhere, but it does make you think about data more seriously. You start recognising when data (XML) is poorly structured.

I did a subject in Uni about ray tracing so I had my fair share of recursive functions, and let me tell you, if you have problems with recursive functions in XSLT, it is no barrel of laughs in C++ (with pointers, ugh).

-- Kamal Bhatt