[xsl] segmenting a paragraph

Subject: [xsl] segmenting a paragraph
From: Christian Wittern <cwittern@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:05:07 +0900

Dear XSL-list readers,

In trying to solve the following problem I am seeking your help:
I want to segment paragraphs in a text, so that sentences are enclosed in a <s> element and within the sentences, words between interpunction are within <seg> elements.

So far, I have been capturing the content of <p> in a string and then using two nested <xsl:analyze-string> blocks with regexes, which work nicely and do what I want. Now I discovered that there are <note> elements with additional markup in some paragraphs, which get lost in this process. However, I really want to leave these notes alone, as they are. So:

should look like:

I wonder how I tell the processor to leave the note stuff alone?

Any help appreciated,

Christian

--
 Christian Wittern