Re: [xsl] [XSL] XSL Browser Integration

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XSL] XSL Browser Integration
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:20:52 -0600

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:06:15 -0600, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This problem does not arise when you load your documents directly from a http source.

I know Robert Koberg has developed some pretty killer pre-compiled XSLT/DOM caching tools as part of the Dojo framework, though haven't really played with things past a test or two here and there.

Robert, the question that I have had lurking in the back of my head that I am not completely sure about has to do with long-term persistence once,

* The browser has been closed.
* The site visitor has left the primary domain in which the Flash-based cache resides.

In the two scenarios above when I, the site visitor, return to the primary domain can I access the pre-compiled XSLT/DOM objects or do they need to be recompiled? It seems to me there could be several scenarios in which attempting to use a pre-compiled XSLT/DOM object could cause problems, but then again maybe not.

Can you enlighten me/us on the subject matter?

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354 | http://dev.aol.com/blog/3155