Re: [xsl] Connecting to Data Base using XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Connecting to Data Base using XSL
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:45:12 +0100

On 9/12/07, Karanam.Chowdary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Karanam.Chowdary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Extension function???? I have a webservice which queries from database
> and returns the desired results. Can that webservice be included in my
> XSL?

I wrote a SOAP extension for XSLT a while back:

http://andrewjwelch.com/code/xslt/soap/xslt-soap-extension.html

...it's included with Kernow so to use it you need to run the
transform using Kernow (or just put the class on the classpath some
other way)

And funnily enough I had the requirement of connecting to Oracle from
XSLT this morning, which I've just blogged about here:

http://ajwelch.blogspot.com/2007/09/connecting-to-oracle-from-xslt.html

(in reality the requirement was just to create a report based on some
data stored in the Oracle database... I chose to use XSLT as an excuse
to use Saxon's SQL extension for the first time :)

Who likes the lion on my blog then? :)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com