Re: [xsl] Schema Evolution and XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Schema Evolution and XSLT
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:33:11 -0400

Christoph,

This is a hard question to answer, and it's also hard to construe as an XSLT question.

Schema design is (a) a fine art with several schools and approaches, (b) very different in different domains, and (c) out of scope for this list.

You'd probably get more helpful advice if you asked the reverse, about how to build XSLT that is easy to maintain in the face of schema evolution. The short answer to that question can be expressed in one word: templates. The longer answer returns to themes that are commonly rehearsed on this list.

Could you rephrase your question in a way that keeps it on topic, while narrowing its point of concern?

Cheers,
Wendell