[xsl] Clientside XSLT Transformations Design and Concepts

Subject: [xsl] Clientside XSLT Transformations Design and Concepts
From: "Karl Stubsjoen" <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:19:31 -0700

Ok, thinking outloud here. This is what I hope to accomplish:

a)  deliver large (1/2meg - 5meg) xml doc and xslt doc to the client
for client-side rendering.
b)  save xml and xslt in user's temporary internet location
c)  on initial page load (server-side transformation occurs) deliver
"Page 1" of the results
d)  after initial page load, clientside transformations will be
performed pulling from the user temporary internet folder

Questions:
b)  can you perform clientside transformations against an xml source
located in the user's temp folder?
d)  any clientside javascript library recommendations?  I am using
prototype pretty heavily now, didn't see that xslt transformations
were an option.

Thanks for your advice!

Karl S.