Re: [xsl] Converting from Framemaker to XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting from Framemaker to XML
From: Frank Marent <frank.marent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 08:49:01 +0200

hi lech

we have a lot of experience with mif2xml conversions here. after several trials we're today using 'arbortext editor import' to convert documentents from framemaker mif format to xml. this tool from ptc allows you to control mif2xml conversions by a proprietary template format as well as by xslt (1.0). it also includes word2xml or text2xml conversions in a nearly unlimited way. our company is on the way to convert around 200'000 pages of framemaker content to xml within the next years.

we stopped working with framemaker onboard feature 'conversion table' since it does not really integrate with heterogeneous fm documents and xslt. arbortext editor import feature is not free/open source.

best regards
frank