Re: [xsl] xsl-t on Mac, Saxon preferred

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl-t on Mac, Saxon preferred
From: "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi.sub@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 13:35:34 -0400

On 5/1/07, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rashmi Rubdi wrote:

> Since Java is platform independent, the same command line syntax that
> works with Windows XP, should also work on Mac OS X , Unix etc. with
> the exception of the directory separator.
>
> In Windows it is \  and in Unix it's /  also the root folder in Unix
> is / , where as in Windows its the drive letter C:\

Windows also works with forward slashes /. A path like

"c:/program files/saxon/saxon8"

Yes it does. Infact I prefer to use / in windows wherever possible in the XML configuration files because some programming languages escape \ with \\ when it appears inside a String, but there's no need to escape / when it appears in a String.

on the commandline will work on all current windows systems and using
paths like that will in all places where you need paths, you're making
your application more platform-independent.

I concur, that is good programming practice.

Not sure if the Mac has this
'feature' though.

I've heard that the recent versions of Mac have BSD Unix on them, so I would assume that the Unix syntax works on Mac.

If you have code that contains paths, you must use the URI syntax  (i.e.
for doc(), unparsed-text() etc), which also has forward slashes for path
separation.

Yup.

-- Abel

-Regards Rashmi