RE: [xsl] XSL(2.0?) Transformer and RelaxNG

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL(2.0?) Transformer and RelaxNG
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:59:21 +0100

> I'm thinking of moving away from DTD towards RelaxNG, but
> what will happen to my tool chain? Especially loosing the
> possibility of fetching elements via id() and idref() would
> hurt me most.

Anything you can do with id() in XSLT can be done just as well with key() -
and arguably better, since you're less dependent on external factors to
ensure that the IDs are identified as such.

(And in Saxon-SA these days you don't really need to bother with key()
either, you can just write //x[p='q'] and let the system take care of it).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/