Re: [xsl] XSLT Text Processing: Fun with Anagrams

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Text Processing: Fun with Anagrams
From: "Rashmi Rubdi" <rashmi.sub@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:08:09 -0400

Hi Dimitre,

I was reading the Anagram solution a little more carefully today and
noticed the point you've made .... "....The next logical step is to
persist the indexed document into an Anagram Dictionary and reuse it
from here on......." , I agree that it is a good practice, in fact
some publishing companies store the result HTML and serve HTML pages
to visitors instead of dynamically generating a page per Http Request.

I thought I'll try the anagram example locally.

I downloaded the FXSL-XSLT2 zip distribution and tried to run the 2nd
XSLT sheet you've presented against dictEnglish.xml , but got a few
errors.

I think I'm getting the errors because I need to get some of the
latest files from the CVS repository here:
http://fxsl.cvs.sourceforge.net/fxsl/fxsl-xslt2/

I was wondering if there was a way to get the entire repository ,
instead of looking for the files I'm missing.

This is what I tried so far:
C:\dev\projects\01XSLTPractice\__source\xsl\004anagram\anagram>
java -jar c:\dev\saxonb8-9-0-3j\saxon8.jar dictEnglish.xml
02create_anagram_dictionary.xsl > output.xml

I get errors similar to the following:

Error at xsl:function on line 673 of
file:/C:/dev/fxsl-xslt2/fxsl-xslt2/f/func-XpathConstructors.xsl:
 XPST0003: SequenceType syntax error at char 0 in {xdt:dayTimeDuration?}:
   There is no imported schema for namespace
http://www.w3.org/2005/02/xpath-datatypes

But the important point is that the distribution of FXSL has many
examples that are interesting and show the applications of XSLT, we
were taught most of them like Fibonacci etc in C, now it's interesting
to see that the solutions are also possible with XSLT.

Although I read version 1.0 of XSLT and XPath, I'm not well versed in
them - nor am I proficient in other programming languages, but now I'm
trying to learn version 2.0 properly from scratch.

Today I just finished the first chapter of XSLT 2.0 reference, and
learned some of the important features of the language, such as it's
declarative nature (rather than procedural) and that it is rules based
(template rules).

Regards
-Rashmi