Re: [xsl] Most meaningful design documents for xslt?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Most meaningful design documents for xslt?
From: "Eric Bréchemier" <eric.brechemier@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:07:24 +0200

Hi Andrew,

On 4/17/07, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/17/07, Eric Brichemier <eric.brechemier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   For me, the most useful design documents are specifications of the
> expected input and output; I use mostly XML Schema, and I am very
> lucky to have an internal tool generating usable HTML documentation
> from a set of XML Schema files.

Sounds like a good tool - can you share it, or is there a similar
(free) tool that others use?

Sadly we cannot share the tool because there is some deeply nested highly patented proprietary component inside.

My impression is that it would be very feasible, if not
straightforward, to develop such a tool based on a Schema-Aware XSLT
processor. I would also be very interested to learn whether someone
has developped such a tool able to resolve a set of schemas into a
list of elements and simple/complex types, with allowed attributes and
content.

Kind Regards,

Eric Brichemier