Re: [xsl] getting type information in xslt 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] getting type information in xslt 2.0
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 18:47:22 +0100 (CET)

David Carlisle wrote:

  Hi

  First of all, I was suddenly not able to follow XSL List since 2
weeks ago.  So I'm reopening a few days-old thread, and I guess I broke
some discussions I was involved on.  Sorry for that.

> If you can hold the data in memory as XPath sequences,
> you should be able to retain type information?

  But it is not always possible to use XPath sequences.  In particular
with other sequences, as they cannot be embedded.

  Maybe a system using markers as you showed -- something like (<q/>,
1, 2, <q'/>, 3, <q'/>, 4, <q/>) -- could be usefull in some
circumstencies.  But this cannot be used by a library as a black-box
object passed to the user.  Because the user cannot add it to a
sequence for example.

  I think I have an entry on my blog that show a practical example of
the non-usability of sequences:
http://fgeorges.blogspot.com/2006/08/type-preserving-copy-in-xslt-20.html
(see the "Problematic" section).

  Regards,

--drkm

Yahoo! Mail riinvente le mail ! Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface rivolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com