Re: [xsl] normalize-space()?

Subject: Re: [xsl] normalize-space()?
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:54:41 +0100

Luke Jones wrote:
What I'm trying to do is take an XML document, pull data from it, format
it, and then display it as a PDF.

The error I get when viewing console debug info from FOP is: "Cannot
conver #STRING to a nodelist!"

This in effect means that you do use XSLT. That's the part where you say :"pull data from it, format it". FOP (or XSL-FO) only comes into play where you say "display it as PDF". FOP can do nothing more than taking a set of commands and create a graphical (or aural) representation of it. The set of commands is XSL-FO. To get from bare data to this set of commands you use XSLT. The error is definitely an XSLT error, not an XSL-FO error and cannot come from FOP afaik. What processor do you use? How does the template look like and what is your input data? Does this really come from adding the normalize-space(.) instruction?

-- Abel Braaksma