[xsl] Deescaping Atom brain damage

Subject: [xsl] Deescaping Atom brain damage
From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:40:53 -0400

The following junk just showed up in an Atom feed I parse with XSLT:

<title type="html"><![CDATA[#359: Wilson&#8217;s Snipe]]></title>

Unbelievably, this is actually legal according to the Atom 1.0 specification. I knew they had decided to allow this brain damage in the entries. but I was shocked to see it in a title.

Has anyone figured out a sensible way to handle this sort of thing in XSLT 1.0? In my case, all I really need to do is copy the HTML markup into the output file. Maybe I can get away with disable-output-escaping. Anything else I should try?

--
o;?Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!