Re: [xsl] XSLT2.0 compatibility

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT2.0 compatibility
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 18:58:13 +0100

> How should I preserve the space of the xml for human reading?
but you are preserving space used to indent the stylesheet elements and
copying that space to the output even though it has no relationship to
the elements in th eoutput tree, so using xml:space here doesn't help
(even when it doesn't cause an error)

> I found indent="yes" is not good enough.
what does it do wrong?
(Often when using indent=yes (which adds space) it's a good idea to use
<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
so that space from the input osn't also copied Automatic indenting works
best when that is the _only_ source of white space text nodes.

David