RE: [xsl] force apostrophed attribute values

Subject: RE: [xsl] force apostrophed attribute values
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:37:49 -0400

At 06:50 AM 8/29/2006, Mike wrote:
> is there a way in xslt to force the creation of xml files
> with apostrophed attributes instead of quotation marked values?

No.

> the reason why we need apostrophes is that a silly
> application we're using seems to accept only apostrophed
> values and quotation marks are causing troubles.

You could try writing your own serializer, or modifying (subclassing) the
serializer that comes with your XSLT processor.

Said serializer could indeed be written in XSLT using the method="text" output method, and tag-writing strategies such as those documented at http://xmlportfolio.com/xml-to-string/.

Perverse, but capable.

Such an application could not be easily pipelined, of course, but I think that's the problem as posed (pipelining to an interface with non-standard requirements).

Cheers,
Wendell