Re: [xsl] Java program to Generate plain XSLT for XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Java program to Generate plain XSLT for XML
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:18:31 +0530

It would be wrong to say "give me an XSLT stylesheet for a XML file".

XSLT is used to transform a given XML file to another. So to demand an
XSLT, you would have to supply two XML files (one source, and the
other target), and a description of the transformation (perhaps, by
visual means). Instead of XML, you could even supply the source
XSD/DTD and a destination XSD/DTD.

There are products that can do this. I know that Altova and Stylus
Studio provide this feature.