Re: [xsl] Eliminating leading zeros

Subject: Re: [xsl] Eliminating leading zeros
From: "Mark Wilson" <drmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:28:03 -0400

I got the moan you talked about (my understanding of regex is quite limited) so I looked at Chapter 11 in Kay's XPath 2.0 and found an alteration of it that worked:
'^0*'
as did your revised suggestion
'^ *0+'.

I assume your revised expression removes any whitespace in front of the leading zero, so I am using it rather than the one I came up with.

As for your suggestion about altering the collation [I do use Saxox 8 .NET], Michael Kay suggested a long time ago a collation that solved some other much more serious issues, so I dare not change from his earlier suggestion.

Again, thanks for the prompt responses from you and Florent Georges. What a helpful and useful list this is!
Mark

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Carlisle" <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>