[xsl] populating table with sorted elements

Subject: [xsl] populating table with sorted elements
From: "Christian Marc Schmidt" <christianmarc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:43:07 -0400

I am a newcomer to XML/XSLT and am struggling
with a bit of code in which I am attempting to populate
a six-column table, while allowing an xsl:sort.

Here is a section of my current code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

   <xsl:for-each select="xml/work/*[position() mod 6 = 1]">
           <xsl:apply-templates
select=".|following-sibling::*[position() &lt; 6]" />
   </xsl:for-each>

The XML structure I've set up looks like this:

<xml>
   <work>
       <piece>
       </piece>
        <piece>
       </piece>
   </work>
</xml>

How would I go about adding sort functionality? It seems like it would
be easy enough, yet all of my attempts so far have failed...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Christian