RE: [xsl] More XPath 1.0 Expression help

Subject: RE: [xsl] More XPath 1.0 Expression help
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:22:57 +0100

Take a look at http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping

Most of the techniques for grouping are at the XSLT level, but you can use
the basic

key[not(. = preceding-sibling::key)]

if you don't mind O(n^2) complexity.

This detects the distinct values: leave out the not() and you have an
expression that detects the duplicates.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/