Re: [xsl] XSLT compiler

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT compiler
From: "Mohsen Saboorian" <mohsens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:35:29 +0330

Thanks Andrew,
But still I'm confused with two contexts. XSLT compilers: which seems
that Saxon is not one (while XSLTX is); If both are same in
functionality (being compiler: working like a JSP to Servlet compiler)
which one is better in performance.

On 7/17/06, andrew welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 7/17/06, Mohsen Saboorian <mohsens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure about generating C++. Please see:
> http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html#api-examples

Ahh I haven't looked in a while :(

In that case as long as you code to JAXP interfaces you can decide at
runtime whether to use Xalan-J (with a Translet or a standard 1.0
stylesheet) or Saxon with a 2.0 stylesheet.
If both processors are on the classpath you can set the system
properties to switch between the two.  I guess it comes down to
whether you want to use XSLT 2.0 or not.