[xsl] Re: RSS 2.0 to RSS 1.0 XSLT problem in Luminis 3.3

Subject: [xsl] Re: RSS 2.0 to RSS 1.0 XSLT problem in Luminis 3.3
From: "Seth Casana" <scasana@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 12:47:58 -0400

Roman,

Thanks for the corrections, I appreciate the help immensely.

Here are two feeds from the same source so the XSLT can be checked for
accuracy:

Music For Robots (a great music site with downloadable MP3s, BTW)
RSS 1.0 - http://music.for-robots.com/index.rdf
RSS 2.0 - http://music.for-robots.com/index.xml

I'm trying to make this as general purpose as possible so that it can provide
at least minimal transformation on any RSS 2.0 feed.  That's why I'm not
including optional items or other namespaces.  Of course it could be extended
to be more robust, but I was just trying to get it to work first.

I meant to leave the items out of the channel template like that because of
the differences between RSS 2.0 and 1.0.  In 2.0, everything is included in
the <channel> tag, but in 1.0 <channel> is more like a header block, with each
<item> being listed separately.  Have a look at the example files and you'll
see what I mean.

Again, thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Seth