Re: [xsl] amp symbols

Subject: Re: [xsl] amp symbols
From: Chad Chelius <cchelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 14:21:33 -0400

Thank you Wendell and Andrew! That makes a lot more sense. I understand the argument now of why you need entities at all! Unfortunately, the vendor still requires that these characters be substituted with their proper entity symbols. That being said, is there an easier way to substitute those characters other than manually or using a find/change routine to do so? Also, the one issue that I am running into is the fact that if I try to put an entity symbol into the file such as &test; when I process the file, it converts it to &amp;test;. It's like it won't allow me to use the & symbol even when using it in the name of the entity. Whew, I'm tired!

<chad/>

Chad Chelius
AGI Training
cchelius@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx