[xsl] switching between multiple languages in XSL

Subject: [xsl] switching between multiple languages in XSL
From: Jason Viers <bean@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:06:51 -0400

We're transforming a XML file to HTML via XSL, and we'd like the XSL to be usable across multiple languages. The XML file being transformed does _not_ have the text we'd like to select between, just an indication as to what language should be used. There are things like static headers & footers we'd like to switch between based on the flag in the XML.
We'd like to have the language-specific sections in their own files, so the language teams can work on them independently of the main XSL file. We couldn't find a way to do this using <xsl:import> as we can't have a certain one included based on a condition,a nd we can't really "select" out of those, as they're not the source document.

Has anyone tried something similar, or have any advice how to approach this?

Thanks
Jason