Re: [xsl] "'tokenize' is not a valid XSLT or XPath function."

Subject: Re: [xsl] "'tokenize' is not a valid XSLT or XPath function."
From: Steve <subsume@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:53:49 -0400

Poked around Saxon but it doesn't seem that I can use this parser
without .NET (I currently use ASP classic). Is this true?

-Steve

On 6/23/06, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What's strange is while attempting to use variables to
> represent document trees (a function of 2.0), changing the
> version to 2.0 fixed a parse error.

If you specify version="2.0" when running an XSLT 1.0 processor, then it
runs in "forwards compatibility mode": it then doesn't report errors in
constructs unless they are actually executed and fail at run-time. This was
designed to make it easier to write stylesheets that run with multiple
processors implementing different XSLT versions.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/