[xsl] RE : Re: [xsl] Merging attributes in one XML file with node values in another (identical structure)

Subject: [xsl] RE : Re: [xsl] Merging attributes in one XML file with node values in another (identical structure)
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:45:24 +0200 (CEST)

Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

  Hi

> It should be possible to write a higher-order function

>   item()*  zipTrees(node() tree1, node() tree2, item()* zipnodeFun(),
> item()*  ziparcFun())

> where we do not know in advance what exactly the functions
> zipnodeFun(), and ziparcFun() will be doing.

> One application is tree merging, another obvious one is tree
> differencing, yet another could produce the results of any binary
> operation (boolean, arithmetic, bit-wise, ...) on any pair of
> corresponding nodes, ..., etc. the possibilities are unlimited.

  Interesting.  But I can't see what zipTrees() is expected to do
exactly.  Could you please explain it a bit further (for example a
simple pseudo-algorithm)?  And what is the role of $zipnodeFun and
$ziparcFun?  BTW "arc" is the French word for "edge" in the graph
theory, but I'm not sure it is relevant here.

  Thanks.

  Regards,

--drkm

Yahoo! Mail riinvente le mail ! Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface rivolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com