Re: [xsl] Counting total of groups

Subject: Re: [xsl] Counting total of groups
From: Francisco <francisco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 11:50:32 +0100

Ohh, was simpler that I was trying to do incrementing a variable. Anyway, I have seen some examples and some e-mails on the list regarding to how increment a variable and If I'm not wrong there is no possibility of incrementing inside a for-each loop, so sometimes you need to change the xsl code only to make this feature working.
I have seen that in XSLT 2.0 we have an incremental function but I'm a newbie even in XSLT 1.0 so do you recommend to use version 2.0 instead of 1.0? Does this version a lot of improvements against version 1.0?
Anyone have a good and very simple example, a link or something that explains this "problem"?

Regards
Francisco

David Carlisle wrote:
I need to have that the number of groups is 3.

which is the number of things selected by <xsl:for-each select="product[count(. | key('hotelname', name)[1]) = 1]">

so

<xsl:variable name="grps" select="product[count(. | key('hotelname', name)[1]) = 1]">

no of groups is <xsl:value-of select="count($grps)"/>
   <xsl:each select="$grps">

or, if you only need the number withing the for-each you don't need to
count you can use last() like:

<xsl:for-each select="product[count(. | key('hotelname', name)[1]) = 1]"> group <xsl:value-of select="position()"/> out of <xsl:value-of select="last()"/> ...

David

http://www.star.net.uk

Chasetravel.ie, Winner ITTN Awards 2005.
       "Best Hotel Booking Engine"