Re: [xsl] FW: generate left and right sides to block

Subject: Re: [xsl] FW: generate left and right sides to block
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 15:48:54 +0200

Rick Roen wrote:
I can do this using a table with three table-cells and put fo:blocks inside
area A and B for the information, however I wonder if this is the best way.

It is, in some sense, the best way.

Note that the use of tables for multi-column layouts in HTML
was usually due to navigation bars and all kind of side matter.
In XSLFO you have regions for this purpose.

There are still quite a view cases where you have to use tables
in XSLFO for layout purposes. This isn't bad (and I wish they had
named it "grid" instead of "table").

J.Pietschmann