Re: [xsl] Filename of XML file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Filename of XML file
From: "Jon Gorman" <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:54:56 -0500

On 5/12/06, Rick Quatro <frameexpert@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

I have this in a document called filename.xml.

<xref href = "usa" outputclass = "Text and Page"/>

This is the output I want.

<xref href = "filename.xml#usa" outputclass = "Text and Page"/>

Is there way to pick up the base name of the XML document that I am
transforming so I can change the href attribute? Thanks in advance.

This is an extremely frequently asked question. There is no way to do this directly in XSLT. One could pass it into the processor as a parameter. This method is processor-dependent: see http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N3663.html. Otherwise search throught the archives.

Jon Gorman