RE: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to use arrays in xsl
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:43:40 +0100

XSLT 2.0 has "sequence of string" as a data-type, which can be used to
represent an array. In XSLT 1.0, the best approach is to create a temporary
tree (result tree fragment) containing the items of the array as XML
elements, and then use the xx:node-set() extension to make this tree
available for access using XPath expressions. See the str:tokenize template
at www.exslt.org for an example.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/