[xsl] Naming a new XML file from XSL

Subject: [xsl] Naming a new XML file from XSL
From: "Gary E. Daniels" <gdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 16:20:41 -0500

Hi. How do I code an XSL Stylesheet to insert an XML file name with beginning and end tags into the resulting transform to an XML file?

I have an XML file (XML-A). I use an XSL stylesheet (XSL-A) to perform a transform of XML-A with the results output as another XML file (XML-B).

I need to have XSL-A insert <XML-B> and </XML-B> tags properly into XML-B for its file name. The file name for XML-B will always be the same (i.e. results, output, etc.).

Currently, I am inserting the tags manually into XML-B. I then use a 2nd XSL stylesheet (XSL-B) to do a transform of XML-B. XSL-B is coded with <xsl:template match="XML-B">, so if XSL-A can be coded to automatically insert the name tags when it transforms XML-A to XML-B, I can immediately transform XML-B with XSL-B without having to manually insert the name tags into XML-B. Thanks in advance.

Gary