RE: [xsl] Convert milliseconds into date

Subject: RE: [xsl] Convert milliseconds into date
From: "xslt xslfo" <xslt.techie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:33:49 -0500

Hi:

Thank you for your response. I read thru some archive and tried
implementing this:
date:add('1970-01-01T00:00:00Z',
           date:duration($milliseconds div 1000))

I used the exslt namespace and imported date.xsl into my stylesheet.
Am I missing something here?

Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a date that is expressed in milliseconds. How do I
> convert it into a
> readable date format? I have tried using EXSLT date and time,
> but it does not
> seem to work.

In 2.0,

as="xs:date"/>
(or whatever your baseline is)
as="xdt:dayTimeDuration"/>

then (say):

In 1.0 there's no standard way of doing it. You need extensions, for example
the EXSLT extensions. If these didn't work for you, you need to explain what
you did and in what way it failed.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/