Re: [xsl] Getting a specific element count from a generic match

Subject: Re: [xsl] Getting a specific element count from a generic match
From: "Spencer Tickner" <spencertickner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:10:03 -0800

Ok, working on getting some more information on the error,

The Exception.ToString:

"java.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to
compile stylesheet. 1 error detected"

The Exception.StackTrace:

"at net.sf.saxon.PreparedStylesheet.prepare(Source styleSource)
at net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(Source source,
CompilerInfo info)
at Saxon.Api.XsltCompiler.Compile(Uri uri) ....."

Not sure if it helps or not, but here is the vb.net code I use:

        Public Sub Transform(ByVal xslDoc As String, ByVal xmlDoc As String,
_
            ByVal output As String)

            'Create a New Processor instance
            Dim processor As New Processor
            'Load the source document
            Dim input As XdmNode =
processor.NewDocumentBuilder.Build(New Uri(xmlDoc))
            'Create the transformer for the stylesheet
            Dim transformer As XsltTransformer
            Try
                transformer = _
                    processor.NewXsltCompiler().Compile(New
Uri(xslDoc)).Load()
            Catch ex As Exception
                MsgBox("Exception" & ex.ToString)
                MsgBox(ex.StackTrace)
                Throw New Exception(ex.Message)
            End Try

            'Set the root node of the source document to be the
initial context node
            transformer.InitialContextNode = input

            'Create the serializer
            Dim serializer As New Serializer
            Try
                serializer.SetOutputStream(New FileStream(output,
FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write))
                'Transform the source XML
                transformer.Run(serializer)
            Catch ex As Exception