Re: [xsl] Namespaces best practice in XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Namespaces best practice in XML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:40:03 +0100

> The match="ppp" does not get invoked yet I have declared the default
> namespace to be the same namespace as <ppp> is in in the XML. Why does this
> happen?

as explained earlier in the thread, the default namespace declared with
xmlns=... in the stylesheet has _no_ effect on XPath expressions or XSLT
match patterns at all. In your stylesheet  match="ppp" means match ppp
in no-namespace but your source element is ppp in http://www.eeeeee.com.
In XSLT1 you would have to use
 match="x:ppp"
but in XSLT2 you can set xpath-default-namespace="http://www.eeeeee.com"
to change the meaning of  match="ppp" to mean match ppp in the
http://www.eeeeee.com namespace.

David

http://www.star.net.uk